Do You Need a Passport to Cross the Niagara Falls Border?

Niagara Falls Canada and Niagara Falls, NY are both unique and beautiful.  Unfortunately, they are seperated by an international border as well as the Niagara River which acts as a natural border since it is too dangerous to swim across.

If you care crossing from Canada to the USA, you require either a passport or a passport card, Enhanced Driver’s License, NEXUS trusted traveler program card, or a secure Certificate of Indian Status. 

For those traveling from the USA to Canada; U.S. citizens and permanent residents, must present proof of citizenship, such as a passport, birth certificate, a certificate of citizenship or naturalization, a U.S. permanent resident card, or a certificate of Indian status, along with photo identification. A NEXUS card also meets the requirements.

It is always smart to call ahead to check on the up to date requirements, but as long as you have a passport, you are good to go!

Written by: Christa Barette

To book a tour with us today give us a call at 905-353-5323 or email us at